Just Got Back from the Allergist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.aspx

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looks like I'm allergic to 39 out of 40 of the allergens that they tested.

The most severe: Alder, Birch, Maple :cry:

Guess what my staple firewood is?

If you guessed Alder, Birch, & Maple you are correct! :cry:

Oh well. Doc says no problem as long as I wait until after the pollen season to fell, buck, and stack. The other alternative is to wear a mask.

Looks like I'll add another element to my PPE! :D

The good news is that I'm not allergic to dogs. :clap:

Oh, I am definitely not allergic to 12-18 year single malt scotch or any kind of beer.

:givebeer:

aspx. said:
Looks like I'll add another element to my PPE!

Dude, you are going to look so cool with a new respirator under your stihl forestry helmet :laugh:

POST PICS!!!

just razzin ya a little

Oh well. Doc says no problem as long as I wait until after the pollen season to fell, buck, and stack. The other alternative is to wear a mask.

Oh, I am definitely not allergic to 12-18 year single malt scotch or any kind of beer.

:givebeer:

That stinks.

I happen to be allergic to work. Everytime I get too close, I break out in a sweat. (Aw c'mon, you guys new that was going to show up!!:D )

I am allergic to trees and grass. I wear mask. Just a dust mask. I also try not stand in front of any blowing going on. I've got attacks down to one or two a year. and when I get a dose of pollen I use "flonase". Ask your doctor for some works great for me.

I am on a 1-week Steroid treatment with antihistamines, Flonase, and testing 3 different types of eye drops.

I feel better already and it hasn't even been 24 hours. The steroids really help with the inflammation of the nasal cavities.

It really sucks because Spring and Summer in the PNW mean buidlers start building homes which means tons of free wood as a result of clearing property, etc...

Livewire: Now I have to develop a device that will allow me to spit through the respirator mask and then through the face shield! That will be tricky.

Why don't you get desensitization shots of what you're actually allergic to? I was allergic to 14 molds and had a rough time being outside years ago, and have been getting the shots for years with great results. In fact, just had a check-up with the allergist the other day (first one in two years) and we both agreed that after this vial of shots is finished that's it for me getting shots; I get them every 7 weeks-most people get them every 2 weeks. It looks like I may no longer be allergic to mold! Think about it-it's the BEST way to control your allergies and suffering-good luck!

How long did it take for the allergy shots to start helping? I've been getting them for over three years now and I can't tell a difference. Things have gotten worse over the last year or two. I had surgery last summer, not much help. I'm sick right now. Got exposed to some dust at work and that's all she wrote. My allergist finally put me on a daily antibiotic and that helped.

How long did it take for the allergy shots to start helping? I've been getting them for over three years now and I can't tell a difference. Things have gotten worse over the last year or two. I had surgery last summer, not much help. I'm sick right now. Got exposed to some dust at work and that's all she wrote. My allergist finally put me on a daily antibiotic and that helped.

I would think that after 3 years you should be feeling pretty much improved. I got shots from my family doctor for years, then one day I was notified that the company that made the serum closed and I had to get retested, which was a blessing in disguise because I went to an allergist who found out that I was allergic to more things than the family doctor had told me! I guess that there is a difference in the strength of the serums and of course a difference in doctors. You may want to think about getting a second opinion about your situation; 3 years of shots should be helping by now. Good luck!

I would think that after 3 years you should be feeling pretty much improved. I got shots from my family doctor for years, then one day I was notified that the company that made the serum closed and I had to get retested, which was a blessing in disguise because I went to an allergist who found out that I was allergic to more things than the family doctor had told me! I guess that there is a difference in the strength of the serums and of course a difference in doctors. You may want to think about getting a second opinion about your situation; 3 years of shots should be helping by now. Good luck!

Ya, I have gotten shots and they work sooner than that. Something needs to be checked by another Doctor.

Latest posts

Back