Just noticed something....mythbusters...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cableguy256

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok, I know this probably doesn't belong on this thread, but figured i'd post it cause I'm not really sure where to put it.... I'm just sitting here, with my friend insomnia watching mythbusters... now, this is an episode I have seen multiple times where they try to see if they can use a tree as a sling shot to sling their crash test dummy..... now here's where the arborist part comes in... in one clip, they show Tory (one of their mythbusters) gaffing a pine tree to rig a sling to... now, in the whole scene, the only pieces of safety gear he has on is a body belt and harness... no chaps, and most importantly, no head or eye protection what-so-ever... now granted, there was (hopefully) some pro arborists there that had him rigged with a safety rope, but obviously this is not something good for the average joe to watch and think they can just throw on a set of hooks and start climbing.... ok, I'll step off my soapbox now.... on with the show.

Latest posts

Back