Just say hi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No helper with all them logs?

No I had help most of the time I have Choker cables and that makes life easier one day though I was by myself and had to set the chokers climb back in excavator load on to trailer get out in hook then reset the chokers get back in move the bucket over get out re hook. A lot of climbing in and out up and down that day

No I had help most of the time I have Choker cables and that makes life easier one day though I was by myself and had to set the chokers climb back in excavator load on to trailer get out in hook then reset the chokers get back in move the bucket over get out re hook. A lot of climbing in and out up and down that day

That dont make the time go by very fast now does it!?

polyurethane high gloss ,steel wool between coats ,about 6 coats total.The faster you get it coated the less it will crack keep away from a lot heat for a while .

Do you sand before you start coating? The log I'm wanting to use has already been drying, so it will be cracked anyway, I'll be on the ball next time a unique one comes around.

Do you sand before you start coating? The log I'm wanting to use has already been drying, so it will be cracked anyway, I'll be on the ball next time a unique one comes around.

Beltsander first then your good to go.If you dont want them to crack keep them in a unheated building a while then right after you make it coat it fast with polyurethanesome will crack some wont make xtras.

Back