Just wanted to say Hi… Again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was once a regular hereabouts at least for a time… I’ve been busy doing other things lately but back in the game as I have a lot of land to clear. My current weapons of battle against the mighty Douglas Fir and scotch broom are a 562xp & Stihl FS 130 Trimmer. I’ve been cutting stove wood and clearing lanes for new fencing on our 38 acres so that we can run a few head of cattle.
fince line.jpg

tools.jpg Thanks for the welcome back. As I’ve been on a bit of a spending spree, not only on power tools but also on a few firearms I’m not allowed to look at any other saws and I have to attend weekly CA meetings J if I was thinking about another it would be something smaller and lighter…

As for oil that is an interesting question… basically any of the quality synthetics and the take we mix may end up in a cutting tool or one of our Dirt Bikes. Last one was Honda HP2 I think it’s called. When I bought the FS130 they said that if I bought a 6 pack of the Stihl Ultra they would double the warranted so of course that was a no brainier.

Depending on what I am doing I will run the three bladed chopper or a 10” carbide blade that I recycle from work. Our shipping department goes through them and I take them once they are done with them. I just ordered one of the “forester” chainsaw style blades today. Should have it in a few days and will give it a spin this weekend. http://www.amazon.com/Forester-Chai...8680&sr=8-1&keywords=forester+weedeater+blade

Back