K & N Filters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is also speculative that they let more dirt in.
Not acording to the test data I have seen. Call this # 614·492·2000 and ask for George. He can clue you in on a recent study done with VW diesel motors using oem paper, oiled foam and K&N filters.

bwalker can you post the results?

Thank you for the phone number .
Is there a link or article you can post here?

I do not have a link unfortunatley. The contact I mentioned is a STLE certified tribologist that deals with oil analysis in OTR trucks and fleet vehicles. He has seen first hand the increased wear levels assoiciated with oiled cotton type filters. All of this is really a moot point however as the restriction in a saw motor is its carbs bore size and the transfer port duct area not the airfilter. Sort of like sucking on a drinking straw with a stock filter attached and one with a K&N. There would be no differance in flow because the diameter of the straw is what is causing the restriction not the filter attached to it.

I guess if you run a sharp chain all the time on your racing saw, then an air filter would be considered just another obstruction for airflow. I've seen a couple of racing saws with only a window screen type material over the air horn to keep unwanted material out of the motor.

Latest posts

Back