k&n stack kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walt whitman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
where can a guy get stack kits nowadays, or are they a thing of the past? had a 630 that I put one on and it seemed to make a difference. thanks walt :)

what i have found with those stackers is there is just more stuff to catch on the brush and tops. besides, what good is bringing more air in if you cant get it out? should open the muffler too. marty

I pulled a K & N filter & adapter off of a Jred 670 West Coast, and now I might need it for a Jred 930 West Coast. How do you oil this filter? Yes, there's a thread here at AS somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Aw ra best!....Chris J.

Knot whole. I believe it is just like the car k&N filters, K&N makes a filter wash solution, and, a oiling solution after you apply the wash solution I believe you rinse the filter out with water, ring it out, and let in dry in the sun. The kit comes in a 2 bottle pack with directions, and is usable on all K&N filters, my friends have some the kits alot of time can be purchased at youre local auto store.

Thanks, Norm, for the info. The one I have I cleaned with purple mix, rinsed it with water, then let it air dry (I didn't have my air compressor at that time). Since I had no experience with stack filters, I went with a conventional filter.

LM, I hope to receive the saw this week. No doubt I'll be posting some questions (as always!) & photos. If I don't need/want the filter kit, you called first dibs.

Aw ra best...Chris J.

Last edited:
Back