kan du stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtztree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
has any body used the kandu stump grinder? is it better then the vermeer sc252 or rayco super junior for grinding stumps any faster or slower

Like Treeco, I doubt that it is equal to let alone superior to a Rayco or Vermeer of similar size. But, in defense of little manufacturers-They use mostly "off the shelf" industrial parts. It the company were to fold there probably isn't much you couldn't fix with a welder or a trip to a bearing and belts supplier or hydraulics source.

This identical question was asked a few months ago. Search past threads and I believe you will see the Kandu cannot do.

kan do

I believe the company went under last year. but parts can still be bought for the machine. very good machine only drawback is it becomes very unstabe when wheels are folded in.

stump cutter

we use a carlton 2700 water cooled backyard .have no problems also we have a remote ,which is very handy you can see what your grinding.have own the vermeer and rayco carlton is a better unit .but it is heavier.

the kan du stump cutter sounds like junk. the vermeer sc252 works great but is slow on the bigger guys. the raycos are more updated for mobility, power and backyard stumps.

Kan-Du

I have one. They can cut much faster than Vermeer. They are also a high maintenence machine. Parts are easy, but you need them more often. Not junk, but the wheel drive (cutter wheel) is chain and needs too much attention. I also have a Rayco RG-50. Now that is a great machine!

No offense taken

I have only replied to only three "threads" and gotten kind of strange replies. I've been grinding stumps for 9 years so I guess I am opinionated. thanks for your reply

Latest posts

Back