Knee Jerk reaction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the link in the OP:

Where is the research? The Chronicle reported that "government studies" indicate that 33 percent of all "particulate matter" comes from your fireplace and mine. With all the industry and all the cars in the Bay Area, does anyone actually believe that?

ever watch a house or building burn? how about a car or truck fire? the amount of polutants coming from a fireplace are minuscule compared to any of those.

a house fire is burning wood, plastic, asphalt, and tons of chemicals. a factory fire, such as a warehouse, is even worse. watch a refinery fire and it's black smoke for miles.

when a car or truck burns, the plastics and rubber, not to mention oils, the polutants far surpass any fireplace.

fortunately the writer, as any of us, feels that claim is absurd. 33% is pure b/s by someone who obviously has no clue.

Government tells me I cant burn wood for heat, and tries to enforce it? You will be reading about me in the papers and seeing me on the news, wont be pretty. Im damn sick of the governments retarted ways now.

Government tells me I cant burn wood for heat, and tries to enforce it? You will be reading about me in the papers and seeing me on the news, wont be pretty. Im damn sick of the governments retarted ways now.

Now don't you go doin' anything crazy, Bowtie!

on second thought, TV's been a little boring lately....make me proud!!! :D

So, how many of those particulates and such that they are analizing came from all those fires in the foothills out there? I wonder how many fireplaces it takes to equal those fires? :confused: :dizzy:

Can't get article to open but if it is about them whining about CO2 emissions, woodheat.org addresses this in many of its articles. I read on there somewhere that the CO2 released through the burning of the wood is the same CO2 the tree absorbed through its growth. This absorbed CO2 will be released whether humans burn it, mother nature burns it, or if it falls and rots on the ground. This makes wood burning a CO2 neutral process and the heat created replaces energy that would be otherwise used in place of wood heat.

Of course this all assumes CO2 is bad...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back