Kong double ascenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OTG BOSTON

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody own this tool? I use to have one, worked great for footlocking a double line. I was wondering if I could safely use it for a single line?

i use it on a single line with Pantin on foot. Have a friction hitch above it as a safety. Climb up SRT and then hit TIP and convert to DdRT. i running bowline the line to TIP for less fighting elasticity and less load on support than if just over branch and anchored at ground.

If not climbing up to TIP; i make DBY to krab in rigging line and place in running bowline. Then pull running bowline on TIP open and down to me when i get as far up as i'm going.

Alternatively some anchor to ground so they can be rescued by simply being lowered if lanyard not on at the time and nothing in way. Then hang pulley off of SRT and work DdRT from that.

i like the Kong and would get another one if mine grew legs and walked off.

Love mine. I use it on almost every tree. IMO it is worth its weight in gold.

For SRT either do the running bowline, or use either a figure eight or a gri gri so you can be rescued. Just make sure you always keep it backed up.

Back