Break in time for titanikel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boilerburner

Reaction score
How long does it take to break in caber rings in a titanikel cylinder?i just put one one a 372 and I got about 3 tanks thru it. It had crazy compression from first pull so I’m not really noticing a difference there. I’m running double mix right now just wondering how long before I can safely run normal mix again?

99/100 people run their normal mix right from the start.
After 3 tanks you're not going to hurt it from lack of break in, just run it like you always run a saw.
To break in my saw I set them a hair rich and take lots of breaks for the fist tank of gas, after that I tweak the carb and go cut with it. All my stuff is chinese too just like the titanikel.

I too ran it rich first tank glad to hear I’m not the only one that thought that was a good idea. Retuned and it seems to run really well now, lil rich when cold but cleans up nicely in the cut after one or two. Ever try the Amsoil saber? They claim 100:1 and still same protection just curious if anyone uses it.

With a nice cylinder compression will be good from the start. With a cylinder that has been cleaned up with some minor imperfections you will gain compression after a few tanks. I have had a few go from around 120 compression and after a few tanks hit close to 150.

Back