Ladder, tree work, fatal accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see you were having a bad day.

What I do or don't do has nothing to do with it. My response is the same regardless of my profession. A little respect for a dead guy is all I'm saying....

happens to all of us.i also may have misunderstood your whole post.

well what ya do is when the tree cutters/trimmers are doing the utility lines you ask are you cutting that one? and when they say no but after we're done working we can do it for x amount usually cash. thats what folks do where im from. i do all i can and know when to say when!

well what ya do is when the tree cutters/trimmers are doing the utility lines you ask are you cutting that one? and when they say no but after we're done working we can do it for x amount usually cash. thats what folks do where im from. i do all i can and know when to say when!

Well yeah and if they screw up guess what? Not insured not licensed not a business.

fella i worked with lost a cousin to a tree cutting woops. the fella worked all day as a construction foreman and as my coworker says "he does more in the dark than i do all day". well the fella has a big old gnarly tree blockin sun from the garden spot so (in the dark) he hooks a come-a-long to a jerk strap to keep the tree from fallin on the garden and starts cuttin. well his sil goes to see whats keepin him and finds him under the tree dead. seems he didnt see the need to remove mater cages or post from the garden so running was out of the Q and the jerk strap didnt do the intended. fd said the let 6 foot out of the come-a-long and the line was still tight. seems jerk straps stretch. so they cut it at the tree and retrieved the body. sad but very true. left a wife and kids.

personally calling the guy a moron is quite a bit harsh... it obvious something happened... we don't know if it was from something he did or didn't do or if it was a stroke or what ever... the bottom line is the guy is dead.. and unfortunate... but look at it like this what if his family was reading this thread? I really don't think they need to hear how their husband/father was a moron... don't you think they have suffered enough? Yeah you were having a bad day.. but I think his family had a worse one.. at least you got up the next morning... his widow got up to an empty side of the bed... who do you think had the worse day?

personally calling the guy a moron is quite a bit harsh... it obvious something happened... we don't know if it was from something he did or didn't do or if it was a stroke or what ever... the bottom line is the guy is dead.. and unfortunate... but look at it like this what if his family was reading this thread? I really don't think they need to hear how their husband/father was a moron... don't you think they have suffered enough? Yeah you were having a bad day.. but I think his family had a worse one.. at least you got up the next morning... his widow got up to an empty side of the bed... who do you think had the worse day?

I missed the part where someone died in this thread (?)

I agree here even if he did something stupid don't make him a moron. The brightest fish in the sea screws up every now and I am living proof.

I use a ladder almost every day in tree work. I like to use a 12 ft. straight ladder which will get me to the first crotch on most trees here. I do however, almost always have my climbing line in place before climbing the ladder. I consider that ladder a tremendous energy saver. It is also useful if I need to get on the roof of the house.
Yup and when I ran a climb crew for powerline maintenance we used them to load all the gear on for the two mile hike up the mountain. I told the guys it could be improvised as a strecher should it be necessary.

I agree here even if he did something stupid don't make him a moron. The brightest fish in the sea screws up every now and I am living proof.

Haven't we all? Its probably by the grace of God many of us are still alive.... :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: when you think back on things ....

Back