Landscapers/ Tree Service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
To You other Landscapers/Tree service companies. Do you seem to get more Tree work from your Landscaping customers or vica/versa? I seem to get
more tree work from landscaping customers. They sure seem happy when they find out you can do Total outside maintenance. From the Grass to the trees. :D

DDM
What your setup like? Iam curious I will be opening a "branch" of our bussiness in a small city nearby next year as I am going there to plant a church.
I am like the idea of being a bit creative and having the diversity of work.Maybe I have sucked enough sawdust( i wonder if it puts fiber in your diet) from removals and it might be time to do more planting.

Having worked for both tree companies and tree/landscape companies, I can say that a company that specializes in one thing, does a much better job at that one thing. You know, jack of all trades, master of none.

If you do tree work one or two days a week you won't be able to do the same quality work as somebody that does it 6 days a week.

Originally posted by Mike Maas

If you do tree work one or two days a week you won't be able to do the same quality work as somebody that does it 6 days a week.

Why not?

Hopefully you meant quantity and not quality, I don't see how that would make a difference.

We get alot more tree work from Landscaping customers than the other way, don't know why just one of those things. We do alot of work were we'll do tree and landscaping at the same time, just takes a few more toys....I mean tools:D

I've worked for both types of companies and IMHO the landscape/tree Co.'s can do just as good of work, if not better. Cleanup is always better cause the groundies are used to looking at plants and don't miss the crap in the beds.
Co.'s that do tree work full time are usually equipped and qualified to do bigger, badder jobs, but guys can get burned out doing one trim or removal after another. A breakup of the routine can be great.
I love trees and prefer to do treework full time, but I'm also willing to jump in on a landscape job anytime.

I enjoy the diversity, Tree today, Mulch Tommorrow, Tree the next day, Lawns.
Plus I try not to put all my Eggs in one Basket. My landscaping customers like the fact i can do all of there outdoor needs so they dont have to call another
company. Plus they trust i will take care of there property when doing tree work for them.

The only differance with full time tree companies and full service landscapers is speed in removals.

With my back I hate to dig holes and never liked mulch jobs. I love climbing so it is not a problem. Helps the back too. Then the way I'm set up i don't need to work in trees every day. So what do I know.;)

Latest posts

Back