Last run from Diamond Notch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finished up the scrounging/clean up at buddy Todd's latest logging op. Been there since winter and pulled a lot of maple and a fair amount of beech and cherry out of there. Since none of you guys could be there, thought I'd share some pics. Welcome to the jobsite boys! This up a nice dead end road, and the landing is essentially in the landowner's front yard, so we need to get all of the chunks out of there. Money logs are all gone, and Todd is finishing up the firewood logs with his mini processor. Walt, Nate and I are the clean up crew.

Saws for the final day. Jonsered 801 with an 80 top and a Solo 651 pro.

oSH5W4a.jpg

Todd up in the picker. Like having logs served on a platter.

WCcp8Xm.jpg

Walt quartering with his 346.

s11rTh8.jpg

Arrived at my buddy Moe's house. (real name Bob, but there's just too many of us) I got way more wood than I need, so why not share it with a friend. He's in his 70's now and not quiet as energetic as he once was. Routine is to back right up to his splitter and split everything off the tailgate. Nothing like a free load of wood, huh? Each truck load fills one of those face cord racks.

All in all a good day and a good finish to a nice job site where we got plenty of wood. Next month.............another job site. Lots and lots 'a wood around here. :)

CZCuMC7.jpg

Moe running his Cub Splitter.

Nz0xVWS.jpg

I'm sure you made the old guys day letting him run the splitter like that, and giving him some wood that you used your time and energy to score!

That's actually his splitter that I sold him several years ago. Lot of wood went through that thing. On it's second motor. He's a good guy and I'm happy to share the wood. I've got probably 3 years worth at home. Another thing to consider is that while we're getting free wood, we are in fact helping Todd clean up these sites. So obviously it's not right for us guys to bail on him once we have enough wood. We all look after one another here. :givebeer:

Nice combo cooperative operation!

I always work by myself, once in awhile it would be fun to do it as a crew..with all those toys!

Latest posts

Back