lazy boy teeth Sharpening, on the machine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpy66

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
reading a thread the other day, someone mentioned that they sharpen their teeth everyday. which makes sence because tooth length would be easier to keep the same, but what a lot of work if you are taking teeth off everyday..... it has also been mentioned before that someone sharpens teeth on the machine....what a great idea, but how to acheive that? use bench grinder off the ground, angle grinder fitted with small green wheel. Does anyone know of any grinding wheels, flap wheels etc capable of sharpening tunsten carbide that fit on an angle grinder or similar?

I called Alpine Magnum. They sell a 4.5" diamond wheel for the angle grinder. I have not purchased it yet. It was just over $100.

I have tried sharpening cutters while they are on the wheel but I cannot get them as sharpe as when I take them off and sharpen them on my bench grinder. I have sharpe teeth in my truck ready to go all the time. I use a gas air compressor with an impact wrench and changing teeth in the field is very fast.

thanks Todd good thread......i figure i might try to source some small wheels for my angle grinder just to keep the lead teeth in trim....i think that and a power wrench/drill to get the bolts out of the pockets are good time saving stuff.... nothing like the smooth clean cut of fresh teeth to bring a smile to the face....

Back