Leaner trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rb_in_va

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of trees from hurricane Isabel that are leaning on other trees. Is a crane the only way to remove them? It seems like it would be a major PITA. I guess that's why there are so many left. Just wondering.

Many times you can rig them out of the tree they are hung in.

Secure the thrown tree so it wont move, Brush out the limbs that are not loaded, then start working on pressure points.

The easy money is gone, but you'll still have months, if not years of work to do down there.

Your are right JPS the easy money is gone. There are still a lot of trees uprooted and leaning around here. I suspect a few more will show up once the leaves and spring time wind starts blowing again. Most trees left my end are the ones that no one wants to touch or pay for. Some people waiting for prices to go down but on some of these trees I do not see that happening.

There are legit ways to encourage an uprooted tree owner to take care of it (most trees that are leaning can stay, with reduction). One is to leave info with the neighbor whose property might be a target.

If damage happens now it's not an Act of God, it's negligence. The owner is responsible, and if they are reminded of that they may stop procrastinating.

I'm not qualified to remove these trees by any means, but I wish I were. A tree care worker could still make some good money in this area I think.

Originally posted by rb_in_va
A tree care worker could still make some good money in this area I think.
Define "Good". :p
Higher effort and lower return than storm work, but it makes a decent living if you're good and careful and can sell the work.

Pushing the liability button is not fearmongering; people need reminders before they act responsibly on uprooted trees. The ones with leaning trunks that can be cut back and leave a viable tree? It's important to present that option to the owner. It may be the only one they take you up on. ;)

Originally posted by rb_in_va
I'm not qualified to remove these trees by any means, but I wish I were. A tree care worker could still make some good money in this area I think.

rb, I lost your #. I will pm mine.
lets talk about those leaners, I love em.:D
where in va are you?

Hey, rb, why dont you have rb (born) in va...take care of those leaners? Keep it in the family so to speak.

Or I could just come show that young upstart slayer how it's done;) :blob2:

I hope on my Yamaha and be right over.

East coast, left coast what's the diff?!...

Plus my saws are faster than his!

"wil work for plane fare...

..or is that food....said the bum

rb,

Just don't come out in May, cuz I'm coming out to Seattle.

Later, RB in VA

Latest posts

Back