Lennox techs around here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mga

wandering
Reaction score
i have been servicing high efficiency furnaces and work mostly on Trane, Carriers, and Lennox furnaces.

Trane is by far the easiest to service, but i find getting my hands into a Lennox to remove the flame sensor isn't always an easy task. sometimes i can get it done quickly, while other times i have had to remove the whole burner assembly out of frustration!!

is there a simple method or "trick" any one cares to share on how to easily remove that darn flame sensor they tucked so far under the burners? with the inducer blower right under it, the only tool i can try to get up under there is a stubby 1/4" driver...and blindly at that!!

don't have any pics. during a regular service call, i remove the flame sensors and clean them. however, on some Lennox models the flame sensor is mounted to the left rear of the burner box and underneath. my hands are too large to get past everything to remove it, however, i have been successful on some. Lennox mounted their flame sensors under the box, whereas others like Trane mount theirs inside and easily servicable.

the last one i did took me over an hour trying to align the sensor and start threading the one screw that holds it in place!!...all with one hand. i finally removed the whole box and mounted it like that.....ARGH!!

there has to be an easier way.

Wish I could help...never messed with a Lennox. Sounds like removing the burner assy. like you did id the way to go...how about Lennox tech support?

don't have any pics. during a regular service call, i remove the flame sensors and clean them. however, on some Lennox models the flame sensor is mounted to the left rear of the burner box and underneath. my hands are too large to get past everything to remove it, however, i have been successful on some. Lennox mounted their flame sensors under the box, whereas others like Trane mount theirs inside and easily servicable.

the last one i did took me over an hour trying to align the sensor and start threading the one screw that holds it in place!!...all with one hand. i finally removed the whole box and mounted it like that.....ARGH!!

there has to be an easier way.

no thats the way you have to do it....you have to pull it all out...

Lennox equipment always was a PITA to service...ever work on any of their oil burners with the belt driven pump?

no thats the way you have to do it....you have to pull it all out...

i figured as much. the guy i work with has smaller hands and he can reach back there and get them out. however, we don't always work together.

i really hated to pull the whole box out, but in reality, i spent less time removing that than i did trying to get the sensor back in one-handed.

i was just hoping there was a simpler way or some trick to do it.

thanks!!

I lost my eyebrows courtesy to a backfiring Lennox furnace in 2002, that wasn't a lot of fun. I've also found lots of cracked Duracurve heat exchangers too. Never messed with a Pulse and hope I never will.

Latest posts

Back