Lessons of Charlie; Preventable Failures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTreeSpyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
When a tight V joint forms, the fiber does not support across the joint, but stands in parallel sheets that can shear between the individually supported branch units.

Included bark can work in and even push the weak joint apart to shed the branch and it's weak union, and leave less exposed 'tear'; seemingly quite purpsefully.

A lot of times we can augment support, give what Nature forgot this round, by treating both functions (if necessary) and binding against the push apart and/or provide leveraged counter support between the 2 limbs like a healthy joint should.

These joints are realtively easy to sight out after a while; the condition is generally treatable before failure.

Viewing Large Pictures

Last edited:
i stopped to see a buddy, and he was showing me what the storm snapped, and we talked of the damage around town, then he showed me this shoulda been gone long ago tree; hanging by this single rod a lil larger diameter than a pencil; at a high leverage point inside the joint.

Back