Let the saws and yardwork begin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieselfuelonly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok I figured I would start a thread to cover all the tree work that will be going on in my yard so here is the brief back story and my questions I have for now. I will try to get pics tomorrow so everyone can see what im talking about.

We started by cutting about 10 of the 25 trees out that range from 30-90 feet in height from my yard. They are all pine trees so we get a lot of bugs and very little sun in our back yard so its time they go. We are dropping most of them ourselves because we can just lay them down in my yard but the monster out front of our house will be getting dropped by a pro. its about 3 feet across at the stump and not in an ideal place so someone else will be going up that baby haha. once they are down a few french drains will be going in to hopefully take care of the river that flows through my yard... no exaggeration there at all... some of the water is ankle deep and the sod is all that holds you up when you walk across my yard. we have three springs on the property line that drain into my land... once that is done an outdoor stone patio will be going in as well as a stone grill along side it. now for my questions: I am looking for a tree that I can plant that can handle the pa winters as well as the moist soil that can provide a larger canopy (i want one on my rear corner property line to cover my patio I am building). for along the property line with my side neighbor i was thinking about some white birch but I am not sure of the cons of that tree so any input would be awesome. Also I need a shorter tree that i can plant out front to block an annoying street light during the summer months. oh and out front its dry soil. I cannot wait to get this done and have a nice yard... My back neighbor has crap piled up along the property line so I will be building a huge privacy fence so I do not have to see it or his ugly shed that is falling down and covered in tarps. it looks like crap. My side neighbor is awesome and loves trees so I wanted to plant something nice down through there so he can enjoy them as well. He is 80 years old so he cant do all the work we can. we cut down all the monster shrubs for him today he did not want anymore. That husky 455 has been earning its keep with about 30 cord of wood cut in the past 2 months haha.

Thanks for reading and any advise would be awesome.
Ryan

I found a pic of the back yard when we bought the house last summer. There are a lot of pine trees back there... you cannot see the crap I was talking about in these pics.

View attachment 283838

My garage with you guessed it... pine trees around it. Note I did NOT choose the colors... the last people who painted this place must have been color blind.

View attachment 283839

Latest posts

Back