Let's call them "Barn Finds"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi, Peeps!

I thought I'd share some pics of my latest good fortune. I though it was a good score. The list:

P61 (smokin' compression, good condition)
P60 full wrap (same)
Jonsereds (I believe a 621, great compression, fair condition)
Jonsereds 450 (great shape, poor compression)
Poulan 3000 (tweaked the carb, runs great, great shape)
Homelite Super EZ (nice shape, good compression
Homelite Super XL (Great shape, poor compression)
2 Homey XL-2s (rewinds are buggered but seem to have compression)
I weird 2-cycle snowblower... guy threw it in for nothing, so I'll goof with it)
Box o' crap but has a nice Foley Belsaw and a chain splitter and spinner
Gobs of chain (30lbs?), mostl in pretty good shape.

I'm VERY excited about the Pioneers, which are the real eye-poppers of the bunch, and I've been looking for a good project so I can show my ugly mug in the Jonsered club. This oughta do it! The Belsaw looks like a very nice unit and will replace that plasticky Chinese POS I've been using.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
That poulan 3000 has my interest. they are a pretty good 50cc saw. I had one and sold it. Kinda wish I had kept it.

I maybe wrong, but I believe the one Pioneer is a P50. The P61 looks like its possibly parts from a few different saws. The P60 and 61 both had the manual oil assist pump mounted just below the front handle bolts. Check on the bottom of the saw for the id plate.

The Gilson two-cycle snow thrower is actually a really cool machine, definitely worth fixing up and using...

(although I don't know why it's in Arizona...)

Darndest looking thing I've ever seen. Really light.. guy said he used it to clear his roof (yes, it snows THAT much here!) Here's a pic of what it takes to get back into your driveway if you go away for a spell.

If you have an leads on information (parts, age, that sort of thing.), JJ, I would be very appreciative.

attachment.php

I maybe wrong, but I believe the one Pioneer is a P50. The P61 looks like its possibly parts from a few different saws. The P60 and 61 both had the manual oil assist pump mounted just below the front handle bolts. Check on the bottom of the saw for the id plate.

thanks for tips!!

The Gilson two-cycle snow thrower is actually a really cool machine, definitely worth fixing up and using...

(although I don't know why it's in Arizona...)

The high elevations of Northern arizona see a lot of snow in the winter. I made that mistake in the Flagstaff area on my way the the nascar race in Phoenix in 2004. I thought I had left the ice and snow wayyy behind me. Boy was I wrong!!!

That poulan 3000 has my interest. they are a pretty good 50cc saw. I had one and sold it. Kinda wish I had kept it.

I like them too... chromed cylinder, 3-cube... I think they represent some of the last really good Poulans. I think Niko doesn't care for the power to weight ratio, but if you can see past that, they are pretty nice saws. Basically the same as the PP305 and the Craftsman 3.3. They used the same chassis on a BUNCH of other units of various sizes.

The deal I had with the guy included fixing one of the saws present so he could go cut a little wood now and again. I didn't mention the Poulan Wood Shark because that was the one I was thinking of sending back to him, He didn't really care which, but expressed a preference for something light as he's 72. There's really nothing wrong with it... I adjusted the carb and it fired right up! I'll go through it, give it a carb kit and make it look new again. The other saw I was considering was the 3000.... but it is heavier and has no chainbrake... and I LIKE IT!

Good finds! I am usually pretty excited by jonsereds, but there is something about the big Pioneers that I absolutely love. :cheers:

I like them too... chromed cylinder, 3-cube... I think they represent some of the last really good Poulans. I think Niko doesn't care for the power to weight ratio, but if you can see past that, they are pretty nice saws. Basically the same as the PP305 and the Craftsman 3.3. They used the same chassis on a BUNCH of other units of various sizes.

The deal I had with the guy included fixing one of the saws present so he could go cut a little wood now and again. I didn't mention the Poulan Wood Shark because that was the one I was thinking of sending back to him, He didn't really care which, but expressed a preference for something light as he's 72. There's really nothing wrong with it... I adjusted the carb and it fired right up! I'll go through it, give it a carb kit and make it look new again. The other saw I was considering was the 3000.... but it is heavier and has no chainbrake... and I LIKE IT!

Real sad to hear you like them junky old Poulan 3000's. I was gonna offer to rid you of that terrible thing...:greenchainsaw:

What did you say to me on that big maple score? I hate you! Man what a find. Good job. :clap:

Hi, Ross!! Sorry about that, I was overcome with jealousy!! You deserved that maple! Too bad you didn't have the 075 at the time.

Edit: Actually, i think I hated you for the 075... you just sucked for the maple.:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Back