Let's See Your Woods Moisture Reading.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torch68

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As a lot of us wood jockeys up North are just starting into the heating season it is always good to see how well the wood is seasoned. I just brought a load in from the field this reading is from the center after I split it in half.

Rolling blue flames from dry wood is a beautiful thing to see in the stove.

image.jpg

Why are you apologizing?? (I sure-in-hell wouldn't) Heck man, I don't run the show here.
You can make any post you want, .and I can respond any way I want... where is all this sensitivity coming from??
There ain't no need to vet anything through me... I don't count for cold owl crap, I'm just a guy with a keyboard (and a lot of time to kill 'cause of weather).
I flat don't get it... what good is a board such as this if everyone agrees?? If there ain't some disagreement, there ain't nothin' to talk about.

Yeah... Ok... that's some dry wood man‼ And that moisture meter proves it‼ :rolleyes:

We're burning some 5 year old Camphor right now that was registering 0%. Yesterday it was eucalyptus that was measuring 8%. Also been burning some Mulberry that has been split for a year, but still measuring 16%. Go figure

Idea for the ultimate argument thread!!

New splitting axe made with an exotictanium head, and synthetic handle. Inside the head is embedded moisture meter sensors, that automagically use a laser..uhh..wood species identifier. The embedded gadget chip compensates for everything, altitude, species, coriolis effect, friction heat from splitting, you name it. It bluetooth uploads all this data to your I thing, then rapapatappytalk uploads it in spreadsheet form to the cloud. Plus, it prints and attaches (with each swing) a barcode with embedded RFID chip to each piece for tracking purposes so the EPA can send you a bill for your legal,lawful splitting fees you are required to pay (after permit application and approval and inspection by an authority figure) and informs you which stove you are permitted, again more fees, to burn it in, and also which locale (another fee).

C'mon zogger, the Coriolis effect has no impact on the view of a moisture meter (unless you get pizzed at it, and throw it into the weeds)... don't be addin' stuff we don't need here :D

Well..you need it because of ..uhh..the polar shift and jet stream changes alter the gravitronic readings with the ...species identifier..ya, that's the ticket....

Back