Lift comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrown1211

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a backyard lift (tracked with about 60-70' working height)

I have experience with the CMC/All Access 60HD+ Arbor Pro. Only problem is upkeep because the company isn't based in the USA, so it's hard to get work done on it.
I'm also looking into Teupen lifts because they're made in the USA.

Here's the dilemma:
CMC/All Access lifts range from $75,000-90,000 new
Teupen lifts are closer to $180,000 new

Does anybody have any experience or an opinion on if paying the extra $100,000 for Teupen is worth it just because of the ease of getting a mechanic to it faster/cheaper?

In Feb. 2008 I bought a used Niftylift TM40 (two-boom & jib lift, 46' reach) on eBay. It has had many hours of work on electrical, hydraulic, Kohler CS6ST engine. Today it got a new breath of life with four-blade wiring from the GMC to the tail lights, inspection of sealed wheel bearings and repair to the parking brake. This model was discontinued but proved its worth in many applications around the world. I wish I'd kept count of how many trees it has worked. I've spent about $18K in upkeep and keeping things working by the book. I am not in the position. to support new member C R Brown to spend so much for a tracked lift with such high reach. That would take a lot of paying work and pretty expensive liability insurance. I'll say this...get a lift with outriggers and make spreader plates to save cave-ins. Also buy a fall arrest harness, lanyard, and a Sterling evacuation kit.

Back