"Like Buttah!"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To borrow from Mike Meyer's old Saturday Night Live "Linda Richmond" character... The full chisel chains I've just got from Bailey's cut like buttah! I have to admit that I'm a full chisel virgin here so that might explain it. Wow. It's like getting a port job for 14 bucks! Never again low kickback chains! I'll still keep the semi-chisel for the dirty work though.

Time will tell how the Woodland Pro chains hold up but so far so wayyyy good.

Yip

nothing stacks up dude... Watch the stones and dirt though, lol...

:cheers: eh?

Cisco, you use 'em a lot? I've read some good things about the Woodland Pro chains here so I thought I'd give 'em a shot. They hold up well?

By the way, I've got to give you credit for one of the best avatars on the site. I can just hear it now, "Honey do you mind if I put your bikini pic on my woodhillbilly site?(That's what my wife calls it. And I defend you all!) Sure babe! That would be Super!" Nice work, my friend!

Never used the chains from Baileys, got one with the 440 I just bought, havent tried it yet though. Just wait until you open up that muffler! Yes, you better do it, I wanted to but didnt get around to it. Its the least you could do after taking my 361 away :D

OH yea

Cisco, you use 'em a lot? I've read some good things about the Woodland Pro chains here so I thought I'd give 'em a shot. They hold up well?

By the way, I've got to give you credit for one of the best avatars on the site. I can just hear it now, "Honey do you mind if I put your bikini pic on my woodhillbilly site?(That's what my wife calls it. And I defend you all!) Sure babe! That would be Super!" Nice work, my friend!

I've had good luck with'em. The Oregon LGX are just less expensive so I usually go that route is all. They seemed to hold up pretty well, not that bad to sharpen. I prolly go through 25chains a year, so even if I save $5 on each chain that's alot throughout a whole season, course it depends what and where I'm cutting... Ya know.

:cheers: eh?

I'll tell the wife you said so, lmao... She got fired from her job for that pic, hehehehehe...

Can't beat full chisel, especially when you're doing a lot of boring

Yes, chain is the single biggest performance mod you can make on a saw. Just wait until you realize that out of the box woodland pro is slow.

I'm all about these chisel chains.
Can't wait till they sell'em for the smaller saws. :agree2:

I put my full chisel chain on yesterday and it was also my first time using a chain like this. Right before I put the chain on, I swapped the cat muffler for a non-cat muffler on my Husky 359 and then tried it out. Between the muffler and the chain it felt like I got a brand new saw!

Heh. I found out about full chisel chains a few years ago. Gave a couple chains to the pickup girl, Marie, from the outfit that sharpens my miter saw blades at the shop (I have a trophy shop, and I cut plastic column with a 60 tooth triple chip blade).

Marie asked; "Are these full chisel?". I said; "What?". So she explained the difference.

Now I only have a semi-chisel for a backup. The only problem is, a 20" bar with a 3/8 chain will overpower my Homelite 330.

I jst got a woodland chain for my little Poullan, First time having a non safety chain on that saw. It cut like never before! Love it, really woke that saw up!

Yeah, I also bought a loop for my old craftsman too. That thing has to take a smoke break half way throught the cut! The engine just doesn't have enough a$$ to pull it. Full chisel is a bit much in the bigger stuff for a throw away saw! But it's fun for limbing though.

I sawed 10 cord last year with my 345 using the standard Husky "safety" chain. After reading on here about the chisel chains I bought two WoodlandPro chisels from Bailey's. I just got the chance to try it on Monday and, man, what a difference.

In the meantime I bought a 357XP and have ordered some 20" loops from Bailey's for that. It's gonna be a bad boy with a nice new chisel chain.

Nothing like looking at 10 cords of wood with a smile on your face!:biggrinbounce2:

Back