Like defecation in space.............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
.........There ain't no graceful way to pack an 076 for mailing. Take the Dawgs off, wrap them, put a new bar in the box, that is never the right size.

Extra layers of cardboard all around, and your brother only has that Gorilla glue duct tape. Nice stuff but I got to replace it Pricey.

Forgot the "D" handle, put that in tomorrow. Did remember the 27 Torq case screws,mail to Kentucky...Runs Strong!!!!............Hope you are happy Ian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

.........There ain't no graceful way to pack an 076 for mailing. Take the Dawgs off, wrap them, put a new bar in the box, that is never the right size.

Extra layers of cardboard all around, and your brother only has that Gorilla glue duct tape. Nice stuff but I got to replace it Pricey.

Forgot the "D" handle, put that in tomorrow. Did remember the 27 Torq case screws,mail to Kentucky...Runs Strong!!!!............Hope you are happy Ian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

Huh?

I hate it everytime I have to pack one. I just did it Sunday night. I sold the 066RL and had to ship it out. Good looking saw, Ian. Now where's the pics Rob? I'm sure your daughter can figure it out for you:cheers:

I think pulling the dawgs off is a good idea, and definitley the bar. MY 044 was shipped whole, wrapped like a bubble wrap pupa, and the rear handle broke from a drop during shipping. I do believe they try to break things........

I got one once with inch thick stiff wrestling mat rubber as a pad...that works well to protect things.

On the 044, UPS wanted to take it, I said no, they were supposed to call to schedule an onsite inspection, they never did, I don't wanna waste my time with them. I hear DHL is a good shipper.........

Rob

Frankly, there isn't much graceful about an 076 at all. From behind they look like a Semi or a woman two axe handles wide. Actually, they're darn ugly. However, like the woman mention above, they're both fun to run, you just don't want your friends to know. All kidding aside, it's one of my favorites for many reasons. Easy to work on, find parts and when the going gets tuff it will get the job done. I ran one in the wood pile over the weekend. When I was done I felt like I'd been put through the wringer. BTW, I'm speaking of the the saw.

Frankly, there isn't much graceful about an 076 at all. From behind they look like a Semi or a woman two axe handles wide. Actually, they're darn ugly. However, like the woman mention above, they're both fun to run, you just don't want your friends to know. All kidding aside, it's one of my favorites for many reasons. Easy to work on, find parts and when the going gets tuff it will get the job done. I ran one in the wood pile over the weekend. When I was done I felt like I'd been put through the wringer. BTW, I'm speaking of the the saw.
LOL, very true. I plan on putting some of that foam pipe insulation round the front handle too. But you know what, I reckon they're pretty good looken' saws - sure better than anything new, especailly all the ones with the big air filters and everything that funny reddy orange colour...

This is as good a place as any to ask without starting a new thread.

Anyone know who makes a 36" sprocket tip 3/8 bar to fit that? Stihl doesn't, Oregon doesn't, Windsor doesn't, GB doesn't. The only one I've found so far is Cannon and Bailey's rebadged Cannon. I would really love to avoid paying $200+ for a bar and 3 loops of chain.

Ian

Last edited:
This is as good a place as any to ask without starting a new thread.

Anyone know who makes a 36" sprocket tip 3/8 bar to fit that? Stihl doesn't, Oregon doesn't, Windsor doesn't, GB doesn't. The only one I've found so far is Cannon and Bailey's rebadged Cannon. I would really love to avoid paying $200+ for a bar and 3 loops of chain.

Ian

lol, you mean big mount stihl? I had this problem... Stihl make them, but you'd have to change the tip to 3/8 (unless you can order it from the dealer and get him to change thr sprocket and keep the brand new 404 one). I ended up getting a 2nd hand Stihl one off ebay.

Other option I considered (not for long thouh) was altering a bar or the bar studs. I guess you could get an extra set of studs and alter them...

I was under the impression that the tips for the small mount bars wouldn't fit the large mount bars. Different contour.

Can anyone confirm that it would definitely work?

Ian

I was under the impression that the tips for the small mount bars wouldn't fit the large mount bars. Different contour.

Can anyone confirm that it would definitely work?

Ian

some do some don't... They'll always be a tip that fits your bar. You can get 3/8 tip for large mount bars though - I mounted a windsor tip on my 36" sithl bar. It was the old style, I rang up a dealer and got him to measure all the tips till he found one that would fit...

Some odd shaped things I've packed for shipping?

Polaris XCR-800 crankshaft.
The three cylinders for that engine.
Propellers. The worst!

I usually find a box large enough, then go to a furniture store for a BIG box. I cut enough rectangles of cardboard for a nice, think bottom and glue them together, and the sides, and a top. Newspaper makes good packing, just have to get a bunch, then begin stuffing the box. Strapping tape cannot be beat for this. Another kind of tape that is excellent and super strong, but messy to use, is the filament reinforced paper tape that you have to wet to make stick.

Latest posts

Back