Lil' House Heater anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hickslawns

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone here use the Lil' House outdoor heater? I put one in last January and it saved us considerably. I could not justify the cost of a whole house outdoor unit. I priced putting a wood burner in the house and it was still pricey. I found these and I felt it was a great compromise. I have $2100 in it with the unit and all required duct/flu pipe and materials. When it is single digits our furnace still kicks on every now and then, also sometimes in the morning if I let it burn down too far. Took our natural gas bill from around $200 to $20-25. Not a whole house heater, but I will have full payback by the end of this winter. We have a 2 story with 1800 sq ft. Upstairs is noticeably cooler (approx 4-5 degrees), but we only sleep up there and have a master bath. Nothing a bathroom heater fan and an extra blanket doesn't fix. I am going to do some better insulating prior to this winter to help some of our costs and a ceiling fan to push down some of the heat as we have added on and there is a header in the 10x30 addition that traps a lot of heat. Just thought I would throw it out there. Still mounted outside, just an arm's length off the house and substantial reduction in gas bills for 1/4 cost of a dedicated outdoor unit.

I saw the web site for this same heater about a year ago. Looks like a well made unit, made in Missouri I think. Your unit should use much less wood that the outside boiler type. Hopefully this winter,we won't be burner deep into the spring like last winter. Maybe you could add duct fans to get the heat upstairs?

Biggest problem with heat upstairs is the layout of our addition. I turned a 10x12 breezeway into living space. Actually extended the depth of our house making it 10x30. Unfortunately had to use long headers to structurally support the house. This creates a 10x30 area (same area the heat enters) which has a 16" header trapping heat. I might put a ceiling vent with a floor vent and ductwork in between to allow heat to go straight into one of the rooms. Also a ceiling fan in this area to force heat down and escape the header into the rest of the downstairs making it easier to travel up the stairs.

The little heater does a nice job for the money. I call it the compromise! Hopefully this winter I will get better heat as I have all my old wood burnt now. I had some that had been sitting way too long. One year seasoned wood this winter ought to provide better heat.

looks like a neat idea, I wander how it works inside?

I like the concept, didn't care much for cosmetics (installations)of what I saw on the web site. Guy seems to have a bit of an attidude...my way or the hiway, type.

juca? scam or real? #46

I'm looking at a juca stove- obscure quagmire site.
I have read that #46 has one. This site reeks of scam. why so secretive, why so illusive - no phone number, no fax, no address - only an email that works if it doesn't get lost.
if your a co and on the net - is not the goal money? with no contacts but email - what gives.

But i do feel very special they have actually responded to me.woohooo.
although it has been about 3 months.

odd

any thoughts would be appreciated,

also any solid wood burners, welded fine, window a +, cheap(500-800?)
just want to burn wood - any wood not oil.
thanks
george

Back