Lil mcculoch eager beaver starts great runs great then quits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Truck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have alil mcculoch eager beaver not shure exactly what model but it says eager beaver and its a 2.0cid, so its starts up great runs realy realy strong then after like 15 mins of cuting or cutting brush it will jsut quit then will not restart untill it completly cools, When it quit I even tried putting alittle bit of starting fluid in it and nothing, I know its bad for the two stroke but... so Im thinking maybe the ignition coilpack or something, what do you guys think?

Sounds like a dead coil. Could be heating up and losing compression. Ive got a Mac 110 right now that starts, runs, but wont idle, and wont run for more than a few minutes, then it is dead til it cool.

Might try pulling the coil and cleaning it up a little...and a new plug.

Monster Truck said:
I have alil mcculoch eager beaver not shure exactly what model but it says eager beaver and its a 2.0cid, so its starts up great runs realy realy strong then after like 15 mins of cuting or cutting brush it will jsut quit then will not restart untill it completly cools, When it quit I even tried putting alittle bit of starting fluid in it and nothing, I know its bad for the two stroke but... so Im thinking maybe the ignition coilpack or something, what do you guys think?

That does sound like a ignition module heating up and giving out. Go buy yourself a cheap spark tester and check it right after it quits. If no spark wait till it cools completely and try the tester again. If you got spark when cold but not hot its the module..

Im really shure its ignition because it wont start on starting fluid, new spark plug and yes it does have compression when it quits. where can I get a coil for this?

:biggrinbounce2: I have two of those Eager Beavers 14" size. Neither one of mine will start, I am thinking of selling them. I just do not have the time to get them fixed. Too many Red Alder trees to make horizontal:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: !!

Nah, you're problem is that your chain is not getting lube and is seizing up from friction. Tension your chain properly and fix your oiler and she'll run fine.

Back