lil'house heater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scaczac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
installed the lil house wood furnace in nov. and just wanted to let those interested that the heater is doing wonderful.i live in in a 2 story farm house and it stays about 75-78(in the whole house the return air line does work) when the temperature is 30 or less.the coldest it has got here so far is 6 above and in the morning i woke up to a 72 degree house-NICE-sure beats fuel oil!!!.burn time seems to be about 8 hrs or so and i can live with that.now i know it might lack the quality and sophistication of the big outside wood furnaces,but for the money i don't think you can beat it.5 year burn through warranty,rebuild kit is 300.00.wood mess is outside , very simple to install.and its safe.(good sleepin at night)i'm not selling them just wanted to share my experiences with y'all

thanks

I too am very curious about this stove. If only my outside layout was different!! I need to remove a broken up chimney and relocate a door and do some foundation/grade work to get a good spot for it.

I have seen these before, made in my home state of Missouri.... But always wondered if they heat just the one room? Seems like it dumps the heat right into the house. Found this pic on the Web.

attachment.php

I've looked at those and am not impressed. It's a neat concept but I would want one thats a little heavier built.

And I would never buy one from that guy until he takes that religious crap off of his business web page. If you want to preach that garbage make a religious web page. Religion and business do not mix.

Scaczac...I recall the firebox being round and maybe 16ga (which I believe in another thread AOD said he could cut with tinsnips). While I admit it seems a bit thin, it is in fact the same thickness as flue pipe...that said, does it seem to handle the weight of the wood fairly well? Once up and running full steam do you think it might tend to buckle if a layer of ash isn't left on the bottom?

While they do "dump heat into one room" initially, each room has a return vent which is ducting back to stove's blower, which actually sucks the cold air from the farthest rooms into the stove, eliminating cumbersome boxfans in each doorway, and speeding heat delivery to each and every room (that has a return duct).

cityevader
i have had it goin since nov and have seen no evidence of any buckling.keep in mind it is basically a 55 gal drum turned on its side and is quite strong.i keep about 2 or 3 inches of ash in the bottom to help insulate the drum as per directions. i load it in the evening with big chunks of red oak(as big as i can get in the door) and no problems so far.i didn't post to get a big argument goin just to let people know there are cheaper alternatives for heating your house with wood then the big outside wood furnaces.also this summer i plan to take it down and put it in the barn so i don't have to mow around it-another plus
thanks

Last edited:
And I would never buy one from that guy until he takes that religious crap off of his business web page. If you want to preach that garbage make a religious web page. Religion and business do not mix.

I understand what your saying and I'm not trying to start an argument by saying this. But if you wouldn't buy one from him because of his religious beliefs are you mixing religion and business? If the guy wants to post that on his website isn't that his choice in America a country that was founded on freedom of religion? Isn't it your choice to not read it or believe it? By saying you wouldn;t purchase one because of his beliefs leads me to think you want to force him to believe in your beliefs.

Scott

I understand what your saying and I'm not trying to start an argument by saying this. But if you wouldn't buy one from him because of his religious beliefs are you mixing religion and business? If the guy wants to post that on his website isn't that his choice in America a country that was founded on freedom of religion? Isn't it your choice to not read it or believe it? By saying you wouldn;t purchase one because of his beliefs leads me to think you want to force him to believe in your beliefs.

Scott

Its not that I wouldn't buy one from him because of his beliefs, its because he has his xtian garbage posted on his business website which is tacky and unprofessional.

And, oh yeah, America was founded upon Christianity.

Lie!

Looks like you need to put down your bible, and read the constitution.

"no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Article 6, section 3)

More information for the misinformed can be found here...

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

Well said AOD! A business site is no place for personal beliefs no matter what they are!

I always thought that the freedom of religion part was put in because the founding fathers didn't not want the new nation to follow the same ways as mother England at the time that had a state religion. If he wants to put that on HIS web site then that is HIS decision.. you don't have to look at it or buy from him ... but wanting him to take it down in my opinion is infringing on his rights..

back to the OP...
It looks like a interesting idea... but I believe if you could duct it into your current system would be a lot better... probably be ideal for the mobile home market.

Well His decision to leave that xtian filth on his company webpage will forever keep me from ever giving him any of my money. If he would have kept his beliefs private like any smart businessperson would instead of flaunting that hypocritical double-standard garbage he could have kept me as a customer.

I checked out the website and it looks like a decent furnace if it fits your needs but why do most of the installed pics look like crap. Why would anyone install one directly in front of a window or use flex duct outside:dizzy: and no comment on the religion:popcorn: :popcorn:

back to the OP...
It looks like a interesting idea... but I believe if you could duct it into your current system would be a lot better... probably be ideal for the mobile home market.
One reason I was looking into this heater is because I have no existing ducts, nor is there much space for them either. My home is comparatively long with no hallways, just four rooms in a row and one upstairs. The idea of heat on one end a single add-on duct underneath the house for 2/3 of the length, and externally for 1/3 (well camoflauged and insulated of course) to the far side of the house is quite appealing.

I checked out the website and it looks like a decent furnace if it fits your needs but why do most of the installed pics look like crap. Why would anyone install one directly in front of a window or use flex duct outside:dizzy: and no comment on the religion:popcorn: :popcorn:

The installed pictures definitely make it appear very redneck-ish. I would certainly do something more fashionable than cinder blocks and punched through a window.

Back