Lining your chip box if u leave chips in there for more than a few days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The floor on my last chip truck rusted pretty bad. That's one of the main reasons why I got my new forestry truck. The chip bed of my new truck is in great shape and I intended to keep it that way.

most of the days I don't fill up the box enough to justify going to the dump. How any days do you normally keep your green chips in the box before going to the dump? Beside the rust concern, the chip pile will get harder to slide out when it sit in there too long.

One option I was thinking about is to install some kind of clips on the back wall of the chip box so I can put a plastic linner each time I start a new box of chips. Is this something anybody ever thought of or am I just paranoid?

Paint it with good quality industrial paint and repaint when needed.
Can always put a few new sheets of 1/8" over the top when it rusts out. About $180 a sheet here, probably less in the L48.

In the winter dump every day or they freeze, sucks a lot! During the summer don't worry at all worst that ever happens is you gotta pop the front corners loose. Let it dry out best you can but if a load sits for a day it's not gonna rust out like it's mixed with salt.... but follow the advise of painting it it'll help a lot

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thx for the tips. Ill paint it then. Also, hopefully it will dump better. I'm still going to pursue the plastic liner idea since it will prevent the old chip pile from sticking to the box. Erwin

Latest posts

Back