Live Oak Removal. 85ft Bucket Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job with the video.

Too bad they cut that tree down, seems like a waste of a beautiful tree. What was the reason for removal? Someone had better PM seer...he dont wanna see this one, lol.

What happened to the tailgate on that truck?

Thanks. I completly agree that it was a shame to remove the tree. We recommended trimming at least ten times. They started to get annoyed.

Even explained to them that live oak is considered to be one of the strongest woods on earth. They are from up north and have heard horror stories about hurricanes. They did say they are going to replant something later.

Nothing happened to tailgate on any truck. :chainsawguy: Just wanted to use that chainsaw guy!

Tree was about 45ft tall. It is a 85ft bucket truck with 48ft of out reach. The outreach was the only thing pushed. Was able to remove the tree in one truck setting.

Live oaks don't get very tall just huge canopies.

Sorry to disappoint Tom. Didn't even think that it might come across like that.

Nice video.
I agree with you though on the trimming.
Deadwood,demoss and a little thinning ,and it could have been a very beautiful and safe tree.

If there new to FL they will probably plant some cute little palms,and cut them down after 10-15 years of trying to keep them trimmed.:chainsaw:

But in the end,the HO rules.It's their tree.

I wonder what that does to the value of their property??

I'm sure it may be different down there with the hurricane season and all, but up here I heard trees make up about 20% of an HO's property value - at least thats what one silver tongued arborist friend of mine tells me. maybe something to look into for the next time some ********** HO wants a sweet tree like that hacked down (money talks)....of course I suppose I'm being hypocrite since I do it too.. but just some thoughts anyways

I won't put a dollar value on it but I think it hurt the value for sure. There roof would have ripped off during a hurricane before that tree would have come down if we had thinned it.

Funny thing is they have a southern magnolia around the front of the house.
The tree has a horrible codominate about 4ft off the ground. About a 14'' half goes about 35-40ft right over the house. Also on the half that goes over the roof a large branch was removed and someone filled it with concrete because it didn't compartmentlize correctly. Pointed that out and they didn't seem to have a care in the world about it. The wife liked the flowers on it. :bang:

This is only the second tree i can remember really feeling bad about taking out. The other was a awsome red ceder. Not a problem with it. still have a 8ft 42'' dbh log from it. One of these days iam going to make it a bench for outside the workshop. The colors of it are unbeatable. Amazing!

i agree tree should have been left. oak trees are awesome trees but if a HO wants a tree removed and we cant persuade them to just trim it up neatly and keep it then ya, we are gonna take it down regardless. if we dont another company sure will.

nice videos!

i agree tree should have been left. oak trees are awesome trees but if a HO wants a tree removed and we cant persuade them to just trim it up neatly and keep it then ya, we are gonna take it down regardless. if we dont another company sure will.

nice videos!

I learned this the hard way. A doo-gooder called me and told me to take out a "dead" magnificent walnut with a superb log out of the city park. (Before it fell on someone) I looked at it and saw that it looked just like all the others in the area, early fall leaf drop. Walnut logs were in high demand then. I told them it was still alive, and sure nuff, week later some mighty expensive firewood for someone.......

Superior ideas? Well then whose superior idea was it to get into tree work:dizzy:?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Probably wanted it down cause they were tired of the mess. I understand. I hope to cut every last one down before I drop dead.

nother thing that is funny I know people who have standing dead next to thier house and it stays.

I can't help but notice that everybody is wearing hardhats, but the bucket operator isn't wearing a harness, and isn't wrapping his thumbs!

I can't help but notice that everybody is wearing hardhats, but the bucket operator isn't wearing a harness, and isn't wrapping his thumbs!

I saw that too, I wasnt real concerned until I saw the bigger saw, then I knew it was a habbit. Probably never trianed by a pro... that was one of the things I leaned in the first couple of years - always wrap the thumbs. I teach that to the steady stream of guys each year. lol

The harness thing I didnt notice. Good eye, I never used one working for other people, but started when I got my truck. Now if I go up without it for some quick little thing, its all I think about...usually I'll come down and put it on. On account of this, now I just put it on at all times. I'm bad about ear protection, thats my bad habbit. Its nice to see the help wear it - but its annoying as heck when you cant get thier attention and you just have to wait till they finally look up so that you can cut.

Latest posts

Back