Local logger killed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twochains

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
29 year old died today after being crushed Tuesday by logging equipment. Evidently the guy was working on a Hydro Ax, for some stupid reason they elevated the cutting head 4 ft off the ground, the guy was under it and removed a hydraulic line from the head and was crushed. He was air evac to Springfield, Mo. where he succumed to the injuries this afternoon. Such a senseless and tragic accident! The guy was shirt tail kin to the crew I cut for. He had just gotten married 6 months ago. The accident happen while cutting a FS unit in my area, I'm sure there will be a full investigation. Very sad and tragic event....but yet so avoidable and shouldn't have happened period!

Prayers for his Wife and family, I don't know if he had kids or not.

29 year old died today after being crushed Tuesday by logging equipment. Evidently the guy was working on a Hydro Ax, for some stupid reason they elevated the cutting head 4 ft off the ground, the guy was under it and removed a hydraulic line from the head and was crushed. He was air evac to Springfield, Mo. where he succumed to the injuries this afternoon. Such a senseless and tragic accident! The guy was shirt tail kin to the crew I cut for. He had just gotten married 6 months ago. The accident happen while cutting a FS unit in my area, I'm sure there will be a full investigation. Very sad and tragic event....but yet so avoidable and shouldn't have happened period!

Prayers for his Wife and family, I don't know if he had kids or not.
My wife learned about this accident at her weekly prayer group Tuesday. It was reported the victim had four children.

Latest posts

Back