Log Arch Finished

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmsmoke

cmsmoke

ArboristSite Operative
If I only had more storage space. That would be the ultimate in the woods machine! Highway travel could be an issue. Maybe I need one like the one I have and one of those! Kind of overkill for 4 cords a year, but I can see it now...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

jcappe

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
It would be easy enough to add on to yours. You could build a box on top of your backbone gussets and bolt it on to a couple of tabs. The scaboards are 2...1/2" plywood panels separated by 1/2"plywood strips on the edges. Thanks for the inspiration with the one you built. How much does it get used and what would you change?

I might just have to add those this summer.
I use it all the time. 90% of my wood is pulled up to a clearing I made at the top of my timber. I don't really know of anything that I need to change on it, At first I thought about adding a second winch at the opposite end of the original one just to make lifting the other end of the log easier on big logs but I get by. I really have the process down on getting the logs loaded and unloaded and it takes no time at all. I don't know why I didn't build one years ago.

cmsmoke

cmsmoke

ArboristSite Operative
The chain hooks are burned items done by a local fab shop that I made a DXF file for. I didn't keep track of the time. If I had to guess...30 Hrs. fab time. Painted by brush to keep overspray out of the garage.

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Do you have any more pictures of those? I like those homebuilt rigs.

As you can see, they are stored in the shed now and won't come out again until the end of the summer. These are the only other ones I have.

Logcarts002.jpg

Logcarts004.jpg

Logcarts005.jpg

Logcarts001.jpg

cmsmoke

cmsmoke

ArboristSite Operative
Pictures...Finally!!!

Sorry it took so long to get working pictures. I had a bunch of other things to catch up on first. Here are some pictures of my arch at work.
View attachment 194927View attachment 194926View attachment 194925
These last ones are at it's limit. The tires bulged slightly and it only had about 2"-3" of clearance under it. I had to get it belly down to make it work. Big end 32", little end 24", 11' long, Pin Oak approx. 3,100 lbs.
View attachment 194924View attachment 194928
All in all it works well. I need to make some additional storage on it for more supplies.
How do you get pictures to show up in a post rather than showing attachments?

Latest posts