Log length firewood in Southern Maine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelthomas

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this site and have been very impressed with the info you guys share here. I have been having a bugger of a time trying to find a source for Log length firewood. I have called most of the logging guys and arborists in the area and get about a 2% call back rate. And then when the few do call back they say that they don't deal with residential firewood work. I am looking for a regular source of unprocessed firewood to feed my addiction to wood:) I burn about 3 cord a year and am planning on another stove install in the next few years. I like to be 2 years ahead on wood and only have this years and about half of next years sitting in the yard. Any help you guys could give would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Keep calling, you'll find one guy, and if he has any amount of work, you'll be up to your waist in wood in no time at all. I called around for a while, with no luck. Then I saw an ad for free wood in the local "Pennysaver". This tree service company has delivered, for free, three truck loads of wood, and I approximate that at 90 yards (30 yards a truck). Needless to say I'm a few peices of wood into the next year. Don't forget the Christmas tip to the driver, and your good to go for a while. Most treet service pay to dispose of their wood, so 'm sure you will get many return visits. Get a good saw because many pieces will be rather large. I got mine (a 372xp) from AS member spike60, at a reaaonable price.

Hello,
I am new to this site and have been very impressed with the info you guys share here. I have been having a bugger of a time trying to find a source for Log length firewood. I have called most of the logging guys and arborists in the area and get about a 2% call back rate. And then when the few do call back they say that they don't deal with residential firewood work. I am looking for a regular source of unprocessed firewood to feed my addiction to wood:) I burn about 3 cord a year and am planning on another stove install in the next few years. I like to be 2 years ahead on wood and only have this years and about half of next years sitting in the yard. Any help you guys could give would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Check the bangor daily newspaper online. There are usually a couple of ads for truckloads of logs. I think they are based in Augusta, so they might be able to deliver south if they come up to Bangor area.

I live in Midcoast Maine, and I have a fine time getting wood, however I do have to pay for it. I get it from whoever has it, usually loggers who get it as a bi-product when they are cutting spruce or whatever. Also, ask around for people who just cleared lots and have wood lying around. If they don't let you cut it up on thier site, you can always hire a pulp truck to move it.

Latest posts

Back