Loggers - the second most dangerous occupation.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
January 30, 2006 - Based upon the latest national census of fatal occupational injuries from the Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers who are required to climb cell towers and other communications structures throughout the country have been identified as having the most dangerous job in America.

Logging workers captured the second most dangerous occupation with 85 fatalities in 2004, representing 92 deaths per 100,000 loggers.

http://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/itm/safety/pdf/tower_dangers.pdf

Glad to see that farming and ranching has dropped down to number 7. Last time I looked at a list like that farming, logging, and commercial fisherman where always in top 3. Makes me feel a little bit safer now.;)

Mike

fishhuntcutwood said:
Great. I'm employed in #2 and #3, and pull the guys in #4 out of the water.

Think I'll make it to 30?

I think (hope) you will, I made it to 42. Although I had my doubts tonight about making it to 43. I almost lost my top notch via a swing Nick on the end of the cable.

Vancouver Province Article

A newspaper published out of Vancouver, British Columbia, ran an article re: dangerous professions. With stats and such, they suggested for an overall industry, Alaskan Crab Fishing was a the #1 most dangerous industry with logging coming in at a close second. However, it was not the deck hand on a crab fishing vessel that took the individual top spot, it was the hand faller.

Will try to locate the article and post.

Eppleton

Latest posts

Back