Logosol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently viewed a DVD of Logosol products. I was particularly interested in the M5 and M7 mills. I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with these mills. I have had thoughts of building a ProCut system but the Logosol has peaked my interest. I especially liked the fact that you crank the saw through instead of pushing. Seems to be more user friendly all the way around and significantly lighter. What are your thoughts?:cheers:

Here is a link to a fellow building a log house with one.

Lots of pictures. He loves his.

http://www.cjohnhebert.com/myplace5.htm

2deer.jpg

got the M7, it's great for it's intended purpose
Don't compare it to other chainsaw mills, apples to oranges

the two drawbacks are slow production time and wide kerf, you lose a board (5/4) for every 4 cuts you make

I have an Alaskan that I use fairly often but I do not have a Logosol. The drawbacks of the Alaskan is that you have to manipulate the logs by hand and that milling with a chain saw is slow and requires frequent sharpening. I have set my mind not to buy a Logosol because it seems to me that it has exactly the same problems as the small Alaskan but is more expensive and takes up more space. Then it seems better to go for something bigger.

Latest posts

Back