Hand Held Leaf Blower Suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that the Stihl BG86 has a vibration suspension system. I am just a bit leary now that Stihl is in hardware stores.
Anyone have one?
Easy to start and pretty simple, no really "felt" vibrations. I use mine for simple cleanups around the porch when I'm planing lumber or using a table saw. I have a back-pack blower for bigger jobs.

i have seen the yard crews with their back packs. moves leaves. but i have pine needles. a rake seems to be best! but i have a gas Echo... and a bat B&D blower. i like both and use then in dif ways. tasks. small jobs vs big jobs. driveways, etc. to me, it is like firewood vs fires. no wood, no fires! and blowers blow air. no air, no clean up. so... most chain saw brands offer blowers. bat n gas hand-held.

for sure, Echo makes some nice equipment! ~
:drinkingcoffee:

ECHO PB-2520 is a reasonable priced leaf blower with good performance, I think one can be had for $169.00 dollars at Home Depot v around 300 + bucks for the other two. The curved tube is to eliminate hand torque.

Looking about 2/3s the way through the video link I posted on the previous page, there was a vibration test. The ECHO has significantly more than the Stihl and the Husqvarna. For me, the price difference is not important but vibrations are. The ECHO that I have now is from 2005 so spreading out $300 over life expectancy is insignificant.
I wouldn't hesitate to replace the carb on my 18 year old ECHO to bring back starting reliability but every time I run it I get memories of the hand surgery recovery time. That thing is brutal even with gel padded gloves.

Back