leaf blower ???? stihl bg86

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried out a 600 with the nifty looking bike handle option. Is it worth the $140 list? There's also a fuel tank update with dual pickups.

If you have lots of leaves, then the most powerful back-pack is the only way to go. Nothing worse than trying to push a heavy pile of leaves with a handheld. For light tasks, just about any reliable hand held (stihl, husky, echo, redmax or shiny) will work.

My two top choices for back packs are Shindiawa EB802RT or Stihl BR600.

I could be wrong, but I recall my local Stihl dealer telling me it's the same engine, different carb & muffler. They give it a bit of a performance boost. I don't know about the 65/66, but one of the other big differences between the 55 and 85 was that the 85 had a metal impeller vs the 65/66 having plastic. My 55 has a plastic impeller. I'm not so concerned about this because I won't ever put a vacuum attachment on my 55.

I made that mistake with the crappy little B&D electric blower I had before. After vacuuming up Cedar bits a few times, all of the fins on the impeller were significantly warn down. The big symptom was, it made lots of noise, but moved very little air. It worked out in the end though, now I have a Stihl. :biggrinbounce2:

Ah, dot mekes sence. :dizzy:

I have to agree - plastic fins are no problem if you are blowing only, which is all I plan to do.

Still, if I ever hit the lottery, a BR600 will be in my tool shed very quickly! :)

Ah, dot mekes sence. :dizzy:

I have to agree - plastic fins are no problem if you are blowing only, which is all I plan to do.

Still, if I ever hit the lottery, a BR600 will be in my tool shed very quickly! :)

Why wait for the lottery,
I thought you were a man of means and distinction...

I have used many types of blowers...

Like I said Ive used quite a few. Only a few hand helds but many stihl back packs. every size made over a few different model changes. We have the bg 85 blower here at the house for my wife to use and have had it for 4 or 5 years. It doesn't get used much but here is one thing I noticed.

My poor wife is poor equipment impaired ad has a very hard time getting even the lightest equipment started but she can always start the bg85. Even if its been sitting for months she can get it to start and it always runs great.

As far as handhelds go its great. Much better than the 2 echo and one craftsman and one home lite handheld blowers I've used.

from what I understand the bg86 is the same thing but newer.

Why wait for the lottery,
I thought you were a man of means and distinction...

Yes, absolutely! I means to get out of debt some day and I hold the distinction of having more of it than most people! :laugh:

:cry:

Haven't you seen my truck?

It's not that pretty when you see it up close. The bed is beat about to death, and the tailgate is bent.

It's a real rich rich man's ride! :laugh:

Yes, absolutely! I means to get out of debt some day and I hold the distinction of having more of it than most people! :laugh:

:cry:

Haven't you seen my truck?

It's not that pretty when you see it up close. The bed is beat about to death, and the tailgate is bent.

It's a real rich rich man's ride! :laugh:

That's ok Mark...you should see the bed of my F-150....
We're having lunch in your neighborhood today at Willard's...:clap:

Latest posts

Back