Long bar for a 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL . It's not for cutting. Once a year I help a friend with firewood for his cabin in the rockies. He's in his mid 70's and can't run a saw like he used to but feels compelled to help. I want to put one of those 16" measuring sticks on the end of a 24" bar so he can mark the logs for me to cut. The long bar would keep him from having to bend down and he would feel like he's actually being helpful. I guess I could've led with that.

Used to be able to get one from Oregon, but truthfully you asking a lot from that saw even with a 20" on it.

LOL . It's not for cutting. Once a year I help a friend with firewood for his cabin in the rockies. He's in his mid 70's and can't run a saw like he used to but feels compelled to help. I want to put one of those 16" measuring sticks on the end of a 24" bar so he can mark the logs for me to cut. The long bar would keep him from having to bend down and he would feel like he's actually being helpful. I guess I could've led with that.
Ok that makes sense then, grab a full skip for it. Had one a long time ago and it was pretty sad with an 18" on it, just trying to imagine it with a 24 lol.

Ok that makes sense then, grab a full skip for it. Had one a long time ago and it was pretty sad with an 18" on it, just trying to imagine it with a 24 lol.
He'll just be making a notch in the logs with the tip for me to then come by and buck. Still think a full skip is necessary?

I believe you can get a replaceable nose bar 24" 91 drive links from Oregon, I have a GB one. You can get a 28" bar of similar make 93 dl of 3/8 and change the nose not sure what the link count would be. That is for the small mount husky. It won't balance well with a model 435 enen though I am not familiar with what that actually is.

Latest posts

Back