Looking for an upgrade from Husqvarna 445

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndeereg

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been working with trees that are too big for my saw. I have had this saw about 10 years, and I have really liked it otherwise.

It seems they have a lot of saws that don't have that much difference from one to the next. Anyone have a recommendation for an upgrade for me? I would like....

-Another Husqvarna
-I saw hardwood like oak the most.
-Something with a bar around 22-24"
-Something I can adjust the oil on.
-I would prefer to stay on the lighter side as I will just be using the one saw. Some day I would like to but a smaller lightweight saw but not anytime right now with the economy!

Look at an Echo CS620P! It is a rock-solid pro saw. It is 2/10s less horsepower than a 562 and about $325 less. It has an adjustable oiler. The warranty for homeowners is five years and one does not have to some canned fuel to get the warranty. Echo professional saws cannot be beat for value. Next on my list is an Echo top handle. Good luck & have fun reading the debate your question will stir up!

Thanks. What does the 562XP have over the others besides a little more power? Are they just built a lot better when they are XP?

Thanks. What does the 562XP have over the others besides a little more power? Are they just built a lot better when they are XP?
XP stands for “xtra power”. All XP saws are commercial grade and built to handle daily use. Husqvarna does make pro saws that are non XP such as the 545 MkII, 365 special, and a few others. Back in the day the 266 came in two versions, SE and XP. Only difference between them was XP version had a bigger carb and less restrictive muffler. Other than that they were the exact same saw. There was also a SG model with heated handles.

The echo is the best value for the money. Reliable and durable, not the fastest or the lightest. The Husqvarna XP will put a smile on your face.

The 562 has a very good power to weight ratio the echo can’t touch as that was one of your requirements
the echo is also reliable, but it’s wider and heavier.
i Find saws get heavier as we get older-lol

Latest posts

Back