Looking for Climber - BC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved north, away from the zoo, but I worked down there for years and I am a CUA. You get what you pay for, it better be at least $20-25hr. I saw an ad in the Province for a groundsman, it said hardworking, valid d.l. $10hr. $10hr. to drag brush all day, making sure crackheads don't steal stuff while the other guy is in the tree? Laborers building towers downtown are getting $15-20+hr. Carpenters are getting $25-40hr. Worked right by Canada Place last summer on a tower but I was bored, so back to trees. Put an ad in the Province that says "Experienced, hardworking, responsible climber wanted, good money for right person." Hard to keep good people in Van. right now, there is so much work, construction guys were always asking me if I wanted to work when I was doing commercial treework. I was getting $21-25hr. but now I get $275/day for a 61/2hr day. Good luck to you.

Thanks clearance.

Definately - we generally start our climbers at $20, and it goes up from there based on how they are. With our last guy we started to take care of his dental bills. We want a climber that is going to stick around with us and eventually run a crew.

We even pay the teenage groundies that work for us during the summer a minimum of $15, and that is good around here.

Thanks for the advice, we'll be putting an ad in next week. We're really sorry to have to get rid of our current climber. He is such a good worker - when he shows up. He's screwed up our schedule to much lately to keep giving him chances. So far we've had to cancel one job 3 times because of him. NOT HAPPY!

Sorry, US citazins?
That is a hard word to spell.. Is it an i e a z ...
Sorry you people..

You had it right the first time. They can't if you don't have legal status in Canada, if they want to do things on the books. It would be like me coming down there and asking if you can hire canadian citizens.

Latest posts

Back