Looking for ISA Certified Arborist with Advanced Training in Roadside Vegetation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatreeguy

Reaction score
I've recently started advertising with an outdoor advertising company here in Pensacola, FL. They asked us to trim and maintain some billboards along I-10.
Part of the process includes an application for Vegetation Management for each sign. The DOT requires that the application be submitted by a qualified individual being one of the following: 1)An ISA Certified Arborist with Advanced Training in Roadside Vegetation, or an individual with equivalent credentials from a nationally recognized arboricultural organization, or 2) A landscape architect registered pursuant to Chapter 481, Part II, Florida statutes. The company is aware that I do not have these qualifications, but they want me to do the work. (I have an awesome crew with appropriate equipment and tools.) We are looking for someone, on a contract basis, to physically examine each site and submit the required paperwork (i.e. permit, vegetation plan, appraisal). I have received so much help over the years from this site, I wanted to offer this opportunity to you guys first. Please contact me for any further information. (850)-418-TREE.

Certainly someone has to have some standards.

But this is a new one on me. I'm not sure what our state requires now. At first I thought you meant pesticide application, but it looks like vegetation management.

Any idea how long a course would take?

Where are such classes or seminars offered?

I think bringing in a BCMA like Guy Miellure (SP?) would work.

I think the reason for the language is that so many billboard management treatments are hack and slash for 100's of feet.

Write the specs to the proper DoT regs and suggest compatable replacement stock when removing and coppice style management over the long term.

Latest posts

Back