Looking for Modded Mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czyhorse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone on the site sell ported mufflers at a reasonable price? I saw one for my 365/372 on ebay but it was rather pricey. I am looking for a ported muffler for a 365/372 and a 545 Mark II both with spark arrestor screens. (I cut in the national forest and don't want to be the guy who has to reimburse America for burning it down)

Does anyone on the site sell ported mufflers at a reasonable price? I saw one for my 365/372 on ebay but it was rather pricey. I am looking for a ported muffler for a 365/372 and a 545 Mark II both with spark arrestor screens. (I cut in the national forest and don't want to be the guy who has to reimburse America for burning it down)
I know a guy that cuts a ~7/8 x 3/8 oval through the bottom bracket on 365/72 mufflers and samwiches a piece of screen over the hole between the bracket and muffler, it works pretty well. I'll get a pic of what I mean in a minute.

Jungle? Like RAIN forest full of wet trees?

Yes, the vent is too close to the wood. I did a muffler mod like that to one of mine, and if the saw was in the same place against the log for more than a few seconds it would smoke me out. I had it catch a barkless dry dead 30+" maple once. The more I cut the more the exhaust fanned the coals.

Having a deflector will stop that for the most part, I've had that happen to many times especially cutting dry semi rotten trees. Had one last winter burn up about halfway when the burn spot my ouligen saw made rekindled during the night :laugh: .

Jungle? Like RAIN forest full of wet trees?

Yes, the vent is too close to the wood. I did a muffler mod like that to one of mine, and if the saw was in the same place against the log for more than a few seconds it would smoke me out. I had it catch a barkless dry dead 30+" maple once. The more I cut the more the exhaust fanned the coals.

They call them that because they were used on those model husqvarna saws that saw work removing the rainforest.

Back