Looking for suggestions for mods on 029S+3

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwackr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all

There is a thread a few pages back about using the 039 p&c on a 029. Well I have a 029s that is the perfect candidate it has a bad p&c. Now as for the 039 stuff , im undecided on which p&c i should use the aftermarket sets that are around $100, or the oem set that is $240 . If I remember correctly I thought someone said that the oem set was 110 or something like that , If that is true please let me know where cause I want one.

So where am I going to get the most bang for the buck oem or aftermarket? Will both cylinders work the same from a performance standpoint?
As for the muffler mod I will do that one myself, There must be some threads with muffler mod pics on these mufflers. One more thing when if comes to setting carb does a person want set it back to factory top and bottom rpm and let it ride.

You should watch this video and listen very carefully to the "how it sounds when tuned". It doesn't mater about the RPM as long as its tuned correctly....and this is how is should sound.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/113538.htm

Muffler mods are easy, just pick a thread to read/see what its all about.

039 piston and cylinder will bolt right on, all depends on how much you want to spend. OEM is more expensive, proven performance and......bla, bla, bla

Aftermarket is cheaper........bla, bla, bla

You get what you pay for, however, there are some good aftermarket parts. Mahle, Espian, Bailey's sells some....just to name a few

used OEM cylinder, new aftermarket piston and rings and you should be in business... a very good option and compromise between the OEM and saving a few dollars when and where it makes sense.

Latest posts

Back