Looking to buy an ash vac for the parents

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss~zoso~ss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys use or have heard of for a good ash vac.

Mainly looking to use it for just cleaning up around the stove after shoveling out the ashes, not as the primary method to remove ashes.

My parents have a wood stove insert and they usually make a mess after shoveling out the ashes out of it.

So I thought it'd be a good gift to them if I could find a good ash vac.

I've heard of some that don't seal or filter well enough and end up making more of a mess, so if anyone knows of a good one and where to purchase it, that would be great!!

I use one of those small dewalt shop vacs.. 18 volt battery and i don't even worry about a plug in..

I have a Loveless ash vac, and it works great. It is a bit on the loud side, but other than that it is fine. I have been using it for about 6 years now, mostly for my cornstove...

Todd

I use one of those small dewalt shop vacs.. 18 volt battery and i don't even worry about a plug in..

does the ash make it through the filter and back out into the air, that's usually the problem with regular vacuums..

if i could get away with getting a handheld shop-vac / rechargeable that'd be perfect, but its gotta have a good filter...

For the odd times I 'need' a vac, I just use our plain old shop vac. I have extra long hoses attached so the vac sits outside therefore I don't have to worry if anything comes out through the filter.

As usual, be careful & don't suck up a hot coal......... :)

Shari

I stuck a piece of a old bed sheet over the filter attached it with a rubber band. seems to work well.. Wife hasn't beat me for ash in the air yet so can't be all bad.. I had never known there was a vac meant for ash.. Learn something new every day..

I got a little 2.5 gal stinger from home depot.Its got the paper bag filter held on with a rubber band that does OK but will blow dust into the air so when I run it I open a window with a fan blowing out and aim the exhaust toward it while I vacuum.

I have a love-less as well. Have used it for 4 years. No complaints other than the metal hose likes to unravel, but replacement parts are available.

Back