Looking to start clearing/mulching-need suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southeasterner

Reaction score
We run a small excavation business as a side job currently and I was looking to put one of our loaders into clearing/mulching. We have 2 gehl loaders a ctl80 and a 60 also a komatsu ck35. I have seen a few places around home where people have had someone come in and clean out their underbrush and saplings and I think it looks great and have seen some advertising and realized that this could be a great business to ease into. However, I know nothing about the equipmen required. I do know that we have these loaders and I believe that one of them should work for this. I have tried to find our more about the mulcher attachments, but I don't really know what I need. I have requested more info from fecon. I was just looking for some advice about what I need. Costs. Is my loader big enough? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We also had a Takeuchi 150 i believe but we sold it to buy one of the gehls in better shape. Any advice would be great. Thank you...:confused:

Here in the UK we are trialling various heads. We have been using a TL150 high flow machine. I don't think the high flow is an option in the US and most TL's are 'supertrak' modified. We have had great success with a Seppi 175 miniforst head. The FAE head we tried was simply not suited to the TL with it's fixed flow gear pumps, think only an ASV will drive it. We will be trialling an FAE variable flow pump head in the near future.

Back