Lopi Model X- decent used fireplace wood burning insert?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Reaction score
I've been looking around craiglist at used stoves and wood burning inserts. I've found a couple newer lopi's and a few other brands. i had lined up a Nice two year old Jotul and the guy sold it out from under me. I found this lopi model X single door insert. stove is 24"w by 28" deep and about 21" high. I searhced online for a manual it looks like they were made from 1984-1992. should I be concerned with this as it is apparently older? it is in like new conditon for 500 bucks. Everything else I'm finding is about double that..

Thanks

I would only buy an epa stove that is, they burn longer and put out more heat with less wood consumption. I found a few older Avalon stoves last year for a 200 - 400 with blowers and surrounds, a few hours cleaning and new paint they looked great I resold them for 600 - 800, they were all epa stoves. Look around and you will find a good stove. I wouldn't spend more than 200 for a stove without reburn tubes or a cat.

Latest posts

Back