low oil level vermeer 700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bstraub77

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a Vermeer 700 chipper and the low oil now keeps flashing on the hour meter? checked level and its always at the top. not sure whats causing it? Thanks for any advice in advance

That will most likely be either a failed sensor or a damaged wire/connection.

Trace the wire to whatever sensor it is attached to. Then get a manual or some help on how to test the sensor, the wiring circuit, and then what signal your hour meter will responding to. Once you know how it works, it should be easy to test the meter for proper function, too.

Sorry, I'm not a vermeer user/mechanic, so I cannot advise what type of system you have, so my answers are rather generic.

i have a Vermeer 700 chipper and the low oil now keeps flashing on the hour meter? checked level and its always at the top. not sure whats causing it? Thanks for any advice in advance
faulty sensor, bad wiring or possibly actual low oil pressure, which if you can you can put an aftermarket mechanical oil pres. gauge and still have the factory sensor (there should be an option for an adapter)
If the new sensor don't do the trick, then maybe change the filter
IF that don't work... then you might just have low oil pressure and need a rebuild... which sucks but isn't impossible. (or some monkey put hydrofluid in the motor oil... keep laughing it happens)

Your comment raises a question: Are we talking about low oil level, or low oil pressure?

I was presuming low oil level, since the OP told us they confirmed the oil level was ok. Not familiar with Vermeer machines, I was presuming it had a low oil level sensor built in.

Back