Low power lines and short trunks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here is a picture of power line east of my farm. This is the third time in a year a tree has went down on the line. The trees were trimmed 2 years ago. What you cannot see in the pic is how short that trunk really is. The power is still on when the pic was taken. You could almost touch the lines before. The linemen simply pulled the wire off so you can imagine what they look like now. They have 15 splices in them between the 2 poles. Why fix something right when repairs will do. :angry:

Bill

Good lord, they should repair it right, and remove the trees that have the potential for falling on the line. then again, they probably dont have permission to remove whole trees until they get blown over or whatever and it becomes a problem for them working on lines.

GOBRDGO said:
Are you sure that's not phone?

Yes :) I am sure.

#1 The power company does not does not fix phone lines.
#2 Phone lines are underground here
#3 I have watched the power company splice this line many times before. (hence the 15 splices)
#4 Last month I cleared a tree off the same line in the same place (after they arrived and assured it was dead.

So yes I am sure it is not a phone line.

Bill

That's the type shanagans pulled by REA.Cheap bunch,they are indeed.I've seen these tight wads put 2 or 3 splices in the triplex for a service drop to a house.Now that's cheap.

Back