• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold LOWERED PRICE DCS 7901 and 056 Mag II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebenrt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a couple of saws I would like to sell.

Makita DCS 6401 (Home Depot score) with an OEM Dolmar 7900 P/C, HD air filter upgrade and a black Dolmar cylinder cover to match. It really runs great and I've had no issues with it ever. I probably cut somewhere in the ballpark of 20 cords of firewood with this unit since acquiring it 5 years ago. I love it, but need the money more. Asking $575 shipped for PHO

Stihl 056 Mag II. It is a true 56mm bore saw and it runs great - fires right up and has loads of torque. It doesn't have the chain break pieces, and is a little on the ugly side, but runs like a monster just the same. The wire for the kill switch needs some attention as the kill switch only works half the time. Asking $400 shipped for PHO

Attachments

• DCS7901_1.jpg
    DCS7901_1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 255
  • DCS7901_2.jpg
    DCS7901_2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 056MagII_1.jpg
    056MagII_1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 056MagII_2.jpg
    056MagII_2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 234
How about lowering the prices to $490 shipped for the Makita, and $350 shipped for the Stihl? I need the cash, but that's my bottom dollar. I need to replace a couple of stolen items ASAP, so I could use the cash. No trades.

I probably just need to clean these up and take better pictures. Pretty sure these are good prices, but people around here seem to be more about shelf queens vs anything else

I think the price on the Makita is fair, especially with the price of shipping these days. I'm not up to speed on the value of the 056, so I can't comment on that. I hope you get what you're asking for them both.

I probably just need to clean these up and take better pictures. Pretty sure these are good prices, but people around here seem to be more about shelf queens vs anything else
High quality pictures of a thoroughly cleaned and polished saw will sell the said saw faster then reducing the price for it!
Make sure You post high quality pictures of the saws from all sides and don't be afraid to show scuffings - they are tools.

I agree with @cgraham1 , the price for the Makita 6400/7900 sounds fair considering it features the HD filter kit (worth ~60-80$) and includes shipping.

Bump for a nice saw. :)

Back