"Lumpy" idle 750EVIL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiloFrance

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So apart from turning off the decompression before the choke at the start of the video, I wondered if you think this is normal idle for a slightly bigger 2 stroke than I'm used to. Sounds very lumpy and at the moment it 'lumps' you can see the saw jump a little. Running fresh 1:50 no ethanol with Stihl blue oil.
The video or youtube link if it works

So apart from turning off the decompression before the choke at the start of the video, I wondered if you think this is normal idle for a slightly bigger 2 stroke than I'm used to. Sounds very lumpy and at the moment it 'lumps' you can see the saw jump a little. Running fresh 1:50 no ethanol with Stihl blue oil.
The video or youtube link if it works
That is how they idle. They lope along. I would turn up the idle a tad so it smooths out a bit. Great line of saws. Very high compression. Generally bulletproof and very well made. Lots of torque.

Heavy though! Is the 1:50 I'm using ok? I've been looking through some threads and some are saying older echos used 1:16, 1:25 etc. Oils have come a long way I think

Latest posts

Back