Luv that locust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Clean-up on a locust. No climbing pics, we showed up the day before and had the top chipped and dumped in 2 hours easy. The Dan was falling asleep watch the 2 guys on the ground drag the limbs with the dingo to the hopper. No sweat for anyone, well maybe the competition. All in all around 10 hours into it to 2 grand. I took the logs.
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS004.jpg
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS001.jpg
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS002.jpg
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS003.jpg

Last edited:
The root upheaval.

LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS005.jpg

The the littel chip-up from what wouldn't fit the day before. The stuff is small but I wanted to take the pictures to show the work and the set-up The Dan's brilliant mind came up with for the attachments for the dingo.
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS006.jpg
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS009.jpg
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS010.jpg
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS011.jpg

LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS026.jpg
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS025.jpg

Raking all the crap into the bucket
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS020.jpg

Crikey! I think These are dingo tracks!
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS028.jpg

Does the dingo leave crap in the woods?
LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS032.jpg

Whats with the rope and the hook thingy there "the dan"? Couldnt you just winch or simply drag them little branches right into the chipper? I mean its gotta take more time messing around with that system than if you just whipped it up by hand, no??

That one shot, with you "skipping over a log", well it looks like you are wearing an eighties mini and blue jean leggins, lol.

I chop down trees, I skip and jump and love to press wild flowars, and put on girlies clothing and hang around in bars.

Whats with the rope and the hook thingy there "the dan"? Couldnt you just winch or simply drag them little branches right into the chipper? I mean its gotta take more time messing around with that system than if you just whipped it up by hand, no??

Nope your wrong, it takes no time whatsoever. The limbs were the last little bit I couldn't get into the truck from the day before. Much easier anyway but I did want to show the set up. The hook works great for just about anything you want to hook. You could even hook yourself if you were so inclined.

What, no kneepads? Safety first, Dan. Safety first.

Actually I am not a safe perosn to be around and many have said that. Cute guys like you and those that know me tend to keep at good distance cause I am usually moving at much higher rate of speed and doing something I don't really know the outcome of... yet. A much higher rate than than some low TIPing, ball hugging, people I know.
But nope, no pads on the easy stuff where I just skip around like a dandy mary. Hey got any more pics?

Last edited:
Turn your monitor on its side.

I chop down trees, I skip and jump and love to press wild flowars, and put on girlies clothing and hang around in bars.

Actually I am not a safe perosn to be around and many have said that. Cute guys like you and those that know me tend to keep at good distance cause I am usually moving at much higher rate of speed and doing something I don't really know the outcome of... yet. A much higher rate than than some low TIPing, ball hugging, people I know.
But nope, no pads on the easy stuff where I just skip around like a dandy mary. Hey got any more pics?
LOL, You tell em. I think your doin a fine job, just keep postin the pics.

Dan, oh Dan, quite the Dan. Nice work. Preview your post before letting it fly, that way you will catch the pics all over and format it right. Hey, what's the longest bar you have for the 440's? I take it that is your pulling attachment? Any other slick uses?

Back