Lyme disease

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poulson01

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
No one here has had Lyme? I had the longest night of my life. 103.5 and shaking violently. That and the worst headache ever. That sucked! The whole day has been a blur:eek:

Do some research on the net and find out all you can about Lyme. It's a disease
that can have some serious and very long term effects on your health. It can also result in symptoms that masquerade as other diseases. Also be aware that there is some Lyme disease hysteria on the net. You'll have to sort it out yourself. Just pay attention to your health. 'Wouldn't hurt to keep a log of any health issues.
Regards,
Phil

Do some research on the net and find out all you can about Lyme. It's a disease
that can have some serious and very long term effects on your health. It can also result in symptoms that masquerade as other diseases. Also be aware that there is some Lyme disease hysteria on the net. You'll have to sort it out yourself. Just pay attention to your health. 'Wouldn't hurt to keep a log of any health issues.
Regards,
Phil

Thanks Phil.
I actually live at Lyme Disease ground zero. I thought I was immune...but...:buttkick:
In Warwick, you don't even have to wait for the blood work to come back. I was at the doctors at 10:45 and had a scrip by 12:00. They see a guy like me walk in and right away, they know what to do. My daughter got sick on vacation a couple years ago. Bummer for us, no one in SC has ever heard of Lyme. We called our doctor back home and got a scrip mailed out. Docs here got balls huh!

Good deal. In Ohio they seem to ignore it. If you look at an LD incident map of NY, OH and PA it looks like can't cross state lines. The doctors here look at the symptoms but don't link it to the disease. I've never had it but there was a case in my extended family with some serious results and the person had to do the research and educate the doctors.
Regards,
Phil

Hang in there man. What killed me the most was the joint pain. Once you get past the fever and stuff, man do you ache.:censored:
Hope it passes quickly for ya.

Thanks Phil.
I actually live at Lyme Disease ground zero. I thought I was immune...but...:buttkick:
In Warwick, you don't even have to wait for the blood work to come back. I was at the doctors at 10:45 and had a scrip by 12:00. They see a guy like me walk in and right away, they know what to do. My daughter got sick on vacation a couple years ago. Bummer for us, no one in SC has ever heard of Lyme. We called our doctor back home and got a scrip mailed out. Docs here got balls huh!

HEy Poulson! Are you in Warwick NY? I used to work at Midorange C/F.
Hope you feel better

Got it while living in N.J. (another HOT spot for it). I ended up with Bell's Palsie from it, permanent case of it too. Right side of face is only about 60% under control. Can't smile to save my life. People think I have a constant frown on. Doc said the palsie would go away in a few weeks. Here I am 10 yrs. later and still afflicted. I also get gout like symtoms every once in awhile (could be gout or left over arthritic symtoms from the L.D.). When we moved to N.C. I went to get a yrly. check up. New doc so I explained the L.D. to him. He had NO clue. I educated him.

Hope you don't have any long term affects like mine.

Later,

HEy Poulson! Are you in Warwick NY? I used to work at Midorange C/F.
Hope you feel better

I live about two miles toward town from there.
That's funny I rented a place in Gouverneur when I was a mechanic at Scott Ford.

That's funny I rented a place in Gouverneur when I was a mechanic at Scott Ford.

That sucks you have Lyme disease. I thought I had Lyme disease last week and so did the doctor. Come to find out I have Shingle, not to much fun either.

My buddy Pete is with Hudson Valley Landscaping down in your area. With all the deer I have seen when visiting I can imagine there are ticks everywhere.

That sucks you have Lyme disease. I thought I had Lyme disease last week and so did the doctor. Come to find out I have Shingle, not to much fun either.

My buddy Pete is with Hudson Valley Landscaping down in your area. With all the deer I have seen when visiting I can imagine there are ticks everywhere.
Yup the dirty sonofabiches! When I get well I'm gonna get my machete and go looking for the one that got me! :angry: :angry:

WOW Scott Ford! what year was that?

Yep I was there for 6 years.Took that route many times.Really nice area.If it wasn't for NYC it would be perfect

Last edited:
1996. Why Bob finally bought the farm. Dam he had to be a hundred and fifty when I knew him!

Stinks we have had a few cases here,but mostly rocky mountain
spotted fever and some other tick born afflictions. I have worked
in hot spots and pulled off ticks by the millions can not believe I
have not got it. I have been sick and did not go to doctor etc.
my joints ache and my wife says I am hypochondriac, maybe
but she has not pulled off as many deer ticks in her life as I
have in one month. They need to have over the counter tests.

Next one up was a Chevy dealer, then a Mazda dealer. Across from Mazda there was a Honda dealer. I remember because we all used the same side road to test drive. I don't remember the Dodge dealer though. There was an RV place somewhere around. People would come from 5 states away to pick up there new $120,000 toy, pull out of the lot and find something wrong. If it was on a super duty chassis, the company would tell them "take it to Scott Ford...They have a guy..." 'Course that was me!

Stinks we have had a few cases here,but mostly rocky mountain
spotted fever and some other tick born afflictions. I have worked
in hot spots and pulled off ticks by the millions can not believe I
have not got it. I have been sick and did not go to doctor etc.
my joints ache and my wife says I am hypochondriac, maybe
but she has not pulled off as many deer ticks in her life as I
have in one month. They need to have over the counter tests.

That's what I'm sayin'!
I thought I was immune!:monkey:

Next one up was a Chevy dealer, then a Mazda dealer. Across from Mazda there was a Honda dealer. I remember because we all used the same side road to test drive. I don't remember the Dodge dealer though. There was an RV place somewhere around. People would come from 5 states away to pick up there new $120,000 toy, pull out of the lot and find something wrong. If it was on a super duty chassis, the company would tell them "take it to Scott Ford...They have a guy..." 'Course that was me!

That must have been in Watertown I'm guessing

Poulson,
Funny you post this. I went to the doc's last week and they think I got lyme's disease. A tick bit me on my belt line, then I got a big red rash on my butt. I got diahearra, head aches, and pukey. They put me on anti biotics and gave me a blood test. The first result said positive, but the other results haven't came back yet. I've been living 21 years in these woods and had a vacination for lyme's 10 years ago. And knew the vacination was only 80 % effective. I guess my armor has a chink in it.

Apparently it's very important to recognize the symptoms and seek treatment ASAP! I guess once this thing gets going, it's really hard to get rid of and can do permanent damage. So the sooner you start the antibiotics the better.

Latest posts

Back